Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, we sometimes go to my Grandparents or everyone just comes over to our house.  I remember, when I was younger, there was a lot of snow on the ground, and my cousin and I decided it would be a brilliant idea to go sledding.  Now, before you go an judge, my Grandparents have a really steep hill in their yard.  It's so steep that one little slip and you slide down the hill.  So my cousin and I grab our sleds and get ready to go sledding.  We agreed we'd push each other, being little, you can't push hard because your so small.  So my dad came out to help us, he went to push me and his foot got caught in the string, so I'm going down the hill, enjoying myself, when all of a sudden, I hear my dad yelling.  I didn't think much about, and when we get down to the bottom of hill and my dad's sitting there behind me, with an expression only a mother could love.  Ah to be a child and not understand the fear of sledding.  To be honest, that now makes sense of why Dad doesn't sled with us anymore.  All because of that Thanksgiving day... who would've guessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment